Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Desires of the heart

I just had breakfast with my old friend, Micky. After dawnwatch, we went to Delifrance. We had some catching up to do and basically we talked about relationships and love (the usual girl conversation).
While I was listening to her, it made me think about my personal issues as well. It's funny because the theme of my whole morning was about matters of the heart.The events of the past 4 hours intertwined with each other. First, Poch Relucio's message revolved around Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." He made us realize our deepest desires and if these were in line with God's plan in our lives. We really don't know what His plans for us are, but more or less, we have an idea of what He wants us to do. Some way or another, our heartstrings are connected to His. We're His children, He already knows how we feel even before we tell Him and we in turn already know the heart of our God if we are faithful to the reading of His word. If I can recall it right, his points were: - Know your God - Examine your Heart and, - Yield to God's will I admit my prayers would revolve on three main things: the success and good health of my parents, my consistency in my relationship with God and to be faithful in waiting for His blessings to unfold. Honestly, there are two blessings I have been asking God for - a stable career and a honest to goodness godly relationship with someone. I am not even ashamed to admit that. But I know the latter part if far from happening because it's not yet time. But I know God is faithful to His promises. I know it may come in a different package at a different time but I know He knows what's best for me. It's really hard to mouth such words as it is hard believing them but I do pray that my faith will not falter. Going back to Micky's story, it made me realize that sometimes it is easier to pursue a non-believer. It's because you know that God is also speaking to Him; thing is sometimes you know what He is telling him and oftentimes you don't. Also, we girls must take good care of such guys because they are men of God. We must be careful of our words and actions and see to it that they won't stumble because of us. It's really hard to be above reproach at times, especially to a christian. Like you, they already have set standards that are sometimes hard to attain. I have been through different issues with different non-believers and though I had the time of my life, I still felt incomplete. What am I trying to say? I got lost in my own train of thought hehe. Basically, what I am saying is that I am trying to move on from that bondage. I am patiently waiting for the right time and the right person. It's just hard to be in an environment where you are highly encouraged to attach yourself to the next possible mate.It is also the same with waiting for the right job! as my friends are already earning their own salary, it results to me doubting God's timing. But I am really praying for God's strength and will for my life. He deserves the utmost Glory and obedience no matter how impossible it is. I love my, Lord. I want to please Him with all that I am, no matter how painful it is. Micky opened my eyes to stay faithful to Him. Sayang, I missed the opportunity to tell her that. I know it won't be long till I actually write about my first job here. Till then, this is my story but it is far from being finished yet. It's only just beginning! Besides, I am only 21 years old. I will leave you with this song. It's Muli by Bamboo and I truly loved the melody, the lyrics and the video! Micky let me watch this kanina at the Jzone office while waiting for my ride home. Enjoy!
Have a pleasant morning, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment